Information we collect and how we use it
We collect information about you in three ways:
(I) Information You Provide: When you use Jetty’s website, including applying for an insurance product or loan, you will generally be required to provide personally identifying information, which may include your email address, name, address, telephone number and Social Security Number, as well as financial information, which may include income, employment and bank account information. We may also collect information about your home or apartment, such as the terms of any mortgage or lease, the type and location of your home or building and its construction, your living situation, the value of your home and your personal property, and your claims history. You may also have to provide certain documents to verify the information you provide.
(II) Information from Third Parties: Third parties, such as credit bureaus, may provide us with information on you, including your credit score. We may combine this information with information we already have about you to evaluate your insurance or loan application, to create or offer personalized products and services for you, or for similar purposes.
(III) Information from Your Use of the Website: We may collect additional user behavior information during your use of the website. This may include device information (such as your internet protocol address), log information (such as pages visited), location information (such as your geographical location), and other information (such as cookies and anonymous identifiers).
How We Use Information We Collect
Information we collect from you may be used in one or more of the following ways:
- To provide you with products and services, including in determining your eligibility for an insurance product or loan
- To verify your identity and age as well as to guard against potential fraud
- To obtain, with your authorization, third-party data from credit bureaus or others in connection with your insurance or loan application
- To personalize your experience using the website
- To provide customer service
- To enable our service providers to provide you with services, such as funds transfers, billing, payments, and collection activities as needed
- To send you regular communications, including information and updates pertaining to your insurance policy or loan as well as news, updates, and related product or service information
- To improve our products and services and identify, develop or offer new products and services
- For our marketing purposes to offer our products and services to you
- To enforce agreements with you
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including retaining personal data or responding to any government or regulatory request
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it or otherwise give your consent
We will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you services or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations and our backup, archival and audit procedures.
About Cookies, Tags and Other Tracking Technologies
Cookies and Pixel Tags are sets of information or data that our servers assign to you when you visit the Site, and which identify you as a unique user.
Do We Share Your Information with Others?
While we may share aggregate, de-identified and/or technical usage information with others, we will not share, rent, or sell your personal information with or to any unaffiliated third parties for their own marketing purposes. We may share information with third parties in the course of running our business, including:
- Underwriting and other business partners as part of delivering you coverage under our Insurance products or during the Claims handling process for any of our Insurance products
- The creditor who originates all the loans for our Jetty Rent product, currently Cross River Bank (Cross River Bank’s Privacy Notice can be found here) and any investor(s) who purchase your loan
- Service providers who assist with parts of our operations, such as loan servicers, technology providers, payment processing providers, credit bureaus, collections agencies, and other service providers
- Credit bureaus to report account information for Jetty Rent borrowers, as permitted by law
- Companies that we plan to merge with or be acquired by, or companies we plan to sell, divest or transfer all or a portion of our products and/or services to
- Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties when we are compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order or similar legal procedure or we need to do so to comply with law
- Companies that help us facilitate and/or improve the Site or Services, website analytics, or for other purposes that support our legitimate business activities, including providing you with special deals and discounts through our Jetty Member Benefits Program
- Other third parties but only if you consent or direct us to do so
We do not, however, share your personal information with the business partners that provide the special deals and discounts for our Jetty Members for their own marketing purposes. If you redeem any deals and discounts, you may directly provide your information to those third parties, and Jetty is not responsible for the activities or privacy practices of those third parties.
Federal and state laws allow you to restrict the sharing of your personal information in certain instances such as sharing your information so that third parties can market to you. However, because we will not share your information in these instances, there is no need for you to opt-out from this kind of information sharing.
Links to Third-Party Websites
The website may also contain links to websites that are not controlled or operated by us. This policy does not apply to such third-party websites and Jetty is not responsible for the content of such websites or the privacy practices of the third parties controlling or operating such websites. We encourage you to request and review the privacy policies of any third parties before disclosing your information to such parties or visiting such third-party websites.
How Do We Protect Your Information?
Jetty is committed to safeguarding your personal information through various industry standard policies and practices.
We protect your account security by employing session time-outs, which log you out of the website after a specified period, and by employing secure password practices, including password strength requirements and secure password reset procedures. Your password is not known to any employee or service provider of Jetty.
We protect your data in our care by storing sensitive personal and financial information, such as bank account numbers, in a secure, off-site, hosted environment, which can only be read or written though defined service access points which are password-protected and accessible only to employees and service providers with a permitted need to access such information.
We also protect your information in transit between you and Jetty by employing Secure Socket Layer (SSL) certificate technology which encrypts all data entered into our website and ensures the connection is secure. As an additional measure, we also require a 128-bit secure browser for logins and transactions.
Protection of Privacy for Minors
Our Services are solely for persons aged 18 and older and we take the privacy of minors very seriously.
If we learn that Personal Information has been collected from persons under the age of 18 on or through the Services, we will take the appropriate steps to erase this information. Also, if it comes to our attention that a registered user is a child under 18 years of age, we will cancel that user's account and/or access to the Services.
IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 18, YOU MAY NOT USE OR ACCESS OUR SERVICES OR OUR SITE.
Compliance with State and Federal Laws
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the "Shine The Light" law, permits customers who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. As noted above, we do not share your personal information with unaffiliated third parties for their own marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like more information, please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “California privacy rights.”
International Privacy Rights
How you can contact us
You may email us at email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy, please contact us by emailing us at